Barlow Mountain Elementary News
Check it out!
It’s time to get involved and be informed. To keep from missing out, be sure to check this section often for updates about school events and newsworthy items—student awards, fundraiser information, you name it. Read on to learn more about what’s happening at Barlow Mountain.
For information on the Superintendent's 2019-2020 Proposed Budget, the full budget book can be accessed using the link below and bookmarks within the document can be used by downloading and opening the file using Adobe Acrobat on your computer.
- 2019–2020 Proposed Budget
- Interim Superintendent Dr. Paddyfote’s January 14, 2019, Budget Presentation
- Curriculum 2019–20 Budget Presentation
- Facilities 2019–20 Budget Presentation
- General Services 2019–20 Budget Presentation
- Questions from BOE Members on Proposed Operating Budget for 2019-20
- Special Education Proposed 2019–20 Budget Presentation
- Technology Proposed 2019–20 Budget Presentation
- Transportation 2019–20 Budget Presentation
Upcoming Budget Workshops and Meetings
- February 23 - (Snow Date) Board of Education Public Hearing
- February 25 - 7:00 p.m. Board of Education Vote to Adopt 2019–2020 Budget
- February 26 - (Snow Date) Vote to Adopt Budget
Kindergarten registration for the 2019-2020 school year will take place on Monday, February 25 at Barlow Mountain Elementary School. Please note that registration is for parents only. We will introduce parents to some members of the school staff, review registration forms, and distribute important information. Please see our kindergarten registration press release for complete registration details.
The Ridgefield Public Schools Pre-K Program is seeking peer models for the 2019-2020 school year and will hold several informational open house screening sessions for the parents and guardians of peer models. Dates include:
- January 25
- February 22
- March 15
- March 29
- April 26
All screenings start at 9:15 a.m. at Barlow Mountain Elementary School located at 115 Barlow Mountain Road.
The Pre-K Program is an inclusive program for three and four year old children who reside in Ridgefield. Parents and caregivers may learn more about the program while their children participate in an informal screening that consists of child-friendly, play-based activities conducted by school staff.
The Pre-K Program uses an integrated approach and is designed for students with special needs and typically developing peers to learn in a structured and nurturing environment. The curriculum is based on the CT Early Learning and Development Standards in conjunction with the Connecticut State Education Preschool Frameworks, which emphasize intentional teaching for children through active engagement, play, and multi-sensory experiences in multi-age classrooms.
Parents and caregivers are invited to attend our open house along with their three and four year old children.
If you are interested in attending, please pre-register by contacting Sue Harris by email or call her at (203) 894-5800 ext. 6111.